UK in Wroclaw

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

piotrwargan

UK in Wroclaw

Postby piotrwargan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:10 pm

I thought that the band called UK must be better known in the UK, than here, but... when yesterday - in front the venue - I saw people holding A4 size pieces of paper with an inscription whose English meaning was "I will buy a ticket", I was not so sure any more :-)

What to say: a fantastic gig at the packed Polish Radio and Television concert hall in Wroclaw (my guess is that it has room for about 600 people).

Long live the progressive rock! :-)

Roger

Re: UK in Wroclaw

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:15 am

Hi Piotr,

I think originally UK consisted of John Wetton, Eddie Jobson, Allan Holdsworth and Bill Bruford, an interesting mixture if ever there was one! Now I think only Wetton and Jobson remain. Both have a history with Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry (Jobson "replaced" Brian Eno) and Jobson also had an interesting time with the mighty Yes. Some of their stuff I love, some I don't. Great that the likes of Wetton and Jobson are gigging though!

Best to you and Mrs Piotr,

Roger

Return to “More Music”