Blues Machine tour!

This is the place to discuss music-related topics by "other artists". No Gordon Giltrap connections needed. Who have you seen? Who do you like? Who should we know about?

Moderator: GORDON

Russ Gannicott

Blues Machine tour!

Postby Russ Gannicott » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Well, that's it for another summer. The Blues Machine are all back at their respective colleges (BRIT school and Twynham 6th form) with some great memories to reflect on. The tour was a huge success and great fun...even for me, who did the driving for over two thousand two hundred miles and six countries. Everywhere the lads played, from Amsterdam to Hamburg, Freshfields to Jersey, they wowed the crowds, sold loads of merch and secured bookings for next year. All nineteen dates on the tour were well attended and in particular in Europe, the venues even paid over the agreed fees due to how impressed they were! Not only did the lads come back from europe with a profit, they also had the satisfaction of knowing that they had probably signed more 'body parts' that most bands in the last few years!!
Highlights of the tour...? Definately the opening night.....right in the middle of Amsterdam's red light district and on Connor's birthday, and of course Freshfieds Festival where owing to a change in timings they had Rumer as their support act! A special mention must also be made of the gig at Jersey's Opera House where they shocked their sound engineer - he was currently touring with Heaven 17 and after the boy's set he told me it reminded him of why he got into the business in the first place.....nice. Everyone was so nice and supportive and welcoming it was great. All the venues have asked them back for next year and we have even been offered gigs from other venues who heard how good the shows were. All I need is a bigger van and someone to share the driving!

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Blues Machine tour!

Postby GORDON » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:07 am

Hi Russ and Carol.

Glad it all went well. What a great memory for you all!

About time the major guitar magazines started doing features on the band and more importantly Ashley.

I'm sure they would love to do a feature on the next great young blues guitarist to emerge, this of course could lead on to a major recording deal and a signature electric for Ash.

Do you want me to mention this in dispatches to my journalist friends in high places? It is just a phone call away and the cost of sending out tracks from the boys latest album.

Let me know your thoughts sir.

LTYB.

G & H.

Russ Gannicott

Postby Russ Gannicott » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:38 am

Wow....yes please Gordon. I just mentioned this to Ash and he nearly fell over!!!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:35 am

I shall ring you for a chat.

G.

Return to “More Music”