Double Vision DVD & CD

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Roger USA

Double Vision DVD & CD

Postby Roger USA » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:44 pm

I know I am a bit behind the times here, but as part of this year's Valentine from my wife I received the Double Vision DVD and CD. I had downloaded a couple of the CD tracks from iTunes, but I had assumed there would not be a US format DVD available and never checked. Both the DVD and CD are excellent. I have never been a particular fan of music DVD's, but the music, arrangements and setting make this something that I can play again and again.

To my surprise my 4 year old preschool son, Ethan, loves the DVD and requests it as often as any of his normal choices. He can't watch it without holding his guitar and asks me to sit with him. He prefers it if we both watch holding one of his guitars - it is certainly a great way to relax him. He is fascinated that Raymond has only one guitar, whereas Gordon has many!

He already liked to listen to Gordon in the car (any new passenger has to hear some of GG's favorites - so he is spreading the word in the US), but now when he chips in with requests for The Picnic and I play the one from Troubadour he says "No the one with Gordon Giltrap and Raymond Burley".

Great music.

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Double Vision DVD & CD

Postby GORDON » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi Roger over there in the States. How wonderfuil is this! I must tell Maestro Burley he will be pleased.

Amazing to know that your four year old has such mature tastes in music.

This DVD is a number of years old now but we enjoyed making it, and it's good to share it with folks the other side of the world.

It has made my evening.

Be Well sir.

G.

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Not wishing to keep this going, but I thought you might like to know the latest from your smallest fan in the USA. Last weekend while we were away to celebrate our wedding anniversary Ethan stayed with his grandparents, who’d had to buy (at his request) a Gordon Giltrap CD so that he could still listen to your music in their car. There was a little disappointment that they didn’t have all his favorite tracks – there are about 15 of them with variations on the same tune such as the Picnic “with Raymond Burley” and “the Picnic with Gordon on playing his own” which they couldn’t accommodate. His grandparents were very impressed that he could name all the tunes they played within a few notes.

It has become such a part of his life that I have already ordered a Double Visions DVD in UK format for delivery in the UK so that he can still watch it when we are over in May.

He watches your You Tube videos sitting on a chair holding a guitar with at least one other on a stand next to him. He also sometimes requests your tunes by guitar type/shape – he has particular favorites and is very impressed with the 12 string guitars on Maddie Goes West and Ives Horizon. He likes to wear his guitars T-shirt to preschool and has told his teachers all about you!

I would love to bring him with me to your gig in May, but despite his unusual attention span when it comes to your music he is probably not ready yet (I have not told him I will be seeing you perform). In the meantime I will try to pm you one or two of the photos we have of him watching you which may make you smile.

See you in May.

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:06 am

Roger this IS so lovely I really don't know what to say. I told Ray about your last posting and will do the same for this one.

Please remind me again of the concert you are attending in May. I very much look forward to meeting you sir.

Be Well and say "hi" to Ethan from me.

Warm Regards.

Gordon.

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi Gordon,

I will be at Greystones in Sheffield and I am really looking forward to it.

Best Wishes,

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:38 pm

EXCELLENT Sir.

See you there.

Safe journey over.

Be Well.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Music”