Return to the 70s

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

piotrwargan

Return to the 70s

Postby piotrwargan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Hello,
So great to hear about this: New Album with Oliver Wakeman.

Quite recently, I managed to buy The River Sessions CD - what a joy it is to listen to!!! Almost purchased Perilous Journey (vinyl!) on an online auction here in PL, but at the very last moment someone just snatched it from me... :-(

Keeping fingers crossed for this new project! :-)

All the best from Gordon's fans in Wroclaw,

Piotr

coling

Re: Return to the 70s

Postby coling » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Well the "back to the 70's" decision seems to be welcome in musical web circles - even attracting new fans.
Prog isn't dead - see the "Oliver Wakeman & Gordon Giltrap" thread dated 02/07/2012 (American style date) on the Message Forum section on http://www.progressiveears.com/ and "Gordon Giltrap new “prog” album - Posted on Tuesday, 7th February 2012 by bob" item in the News section of http://www.dprp.net/wp/

Gordon's on to a winner here

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:43 am

Thank you for sharing the links: it was a real thrill to read these messages!
Prog is timeless.

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:33 am

coling wrote:Prog isn't dead

The news that Gordon's collaborating with OW on his new prog album is certainly good news. Some friends of mine have worked on his solo albums doign prodiction and engineering and OW comes every bit as highly recommended as his dear ol' dad! It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Gordon's prog-era albums and this collaboration sounds like it's going to be a real goodie! Seriously excited!

Roger

Postby Roger » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:34 pm

First Gordon playing electric guitar again. Now this project - proof that dreams can come true :D :D :D

Return to “Gordon's Music”