Cropredy, Icons and T-shirts.

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Russ Gannicott

Cropredy, Icons and T-shirts.

Postby Russ Gannicott » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:33 am

Now, stick with me on this one please, it's a bit complex, but I hope you'll see where I'm going.
Firstly, who's going to Cropredy this year?
Secondly, how are we going to identify each other?

Thirdly......ever thought about what defines the iconic rock statment? The Beatles did it with 'Help' The Stones created it with the tongue logo and 'gimme shelter' and the Who with 'Ultimate R&B'. In all these cases, there is no doubt to whom we are refering. In Gordons case, the single word/title which embodies all that makes him special is the term 'Heartsong'.
When Gordon titled that tune, he did more than give a name to a piece of music, he defined a genre, a fact that should be celebrated, for surely, all of Gordon's pieces are heartsongs in the truest sense of the term.
So, how about some Heartsong T-shirts........wouldn't that be a nice way to spot each other at Cropredy?
Russ

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:54 am

Hi Russ,

despite an excellent line-up including Show of hands, Richard Thompson and Electric Strawbs I'm afraid we won't be at Cropredy ....unfortunately. Don't know if there is a problem with flooding there ???

Re T shirts; good idea, but it's probably a bit late in the day now to organise anything for Cropredy, however I have heard great things about this US company, although I'm sure there are similar UK sites.

http://www.zazzle.com/

you can design your own custom T shirts, mugs, badges etc with no commitment or minimum order quantities and if you wish you can make them available to the public and earn money from any other orders.

I don't know what demand would be for a Heartsong T shirt, but I'm sure Gordon would not have a problem if you or someone else on the board wanted to do a design - maybe best to run it past him first in case of any copyright problems etc.

You could always do some designs and post them here and run a poll to see which people prefer,

Enjoy Cropredy,
Sue

GORDON
Site Admin

HEARTSONG T SHIRTS.

Postby GORDON » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:56 am

Dear Russ.

You know you are a bit of a genius my friend. It has NEVER crossed my mind that of course that old piece of mine really is ME isn't it!

PLEASE do go for it if you have time, and with my blessing. I wish you a great weekend, and trust that the weather holds out.

Love to the family.

G.

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:19 am

Sadly we won't be at Cropredy either. :( However, don't miss the set by "Hummingbird". Cathy Burton, Amy Wadge and Edwina Hayes - they're amazing. You heard it here first!

Have a great time the line-up looks amazing, as usual.

Trevor

Return to “Gordon's Music”