Next Sharing Day - 26th August 2017

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Sue
Site Admin

Next Sharing Day - 26th August 2017

Postby Sue » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:58 pm

Gordon writes :

On Saturday August 26th I'm holding another "Sharing Day" in Mere Green, Sutton Coldfield at the same venue as last time, at the rear of St James Hall opposite Sainsbury's.

The plan is for a relatively short morning recital from yours truly and then a look at the chosen piece for the day THE LAST OF ENGLAND, the title track of the new album. This is a fairly accessible piece aimed at the intermediate player, so should hopefully appeal to most players of a reasonable standard.

During the remainder of the day I shall be on hand to ask any questions about technique, equipment, composition, performance, you name it!

My special guest for the afternoon is the superb builder of bespoke electric guitars Michael Gough of MG GUITARS. He creates the most beautiful instruments from the best materials available. Michael will also be on hand to discuss guitar set ups and give you an insight into how he does it. Apart from being a gifted builder Michael is also a very fine guitarist and composer and will be more than happy to share his knowledge with you. He's a lovely chap and good friend.

The cost for the day is £100.

Free tea and coffee will be available and food can bought from good old Sainsbury's located two minutes’ walk from the venue. There is also disabled access.

There is ample parking at the hall and for those travelling a distance wishing to travel the night before or stop over after the event, there is a Travelodge not too far away on Chester Road and numerous other places to stay close by. You will need to arrange your own accommodation.

For more information and bookings please contact my good friend and webmaster Sue Holton by email on ggiltrap+sharingday@gmail.com

I'm SO looking forward to meeting all you pickers out there and sharing all I know and have learnt over my many years in this crazy music business
I look forward to hearing from you.
G.

Sue
GG webmaster

Sue
Site Admin

Re: Next Sharing Day - 26th August 2017

Postby Sue » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:31 am

Great interview by Sylvia Fountain here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6vsT1y9HDeATldHN21YMWlqREY3cE5oSkZ0ZURYTy11XzZN/view?usp=sharing

in which Gordon talks amongst other things about the concept of his "Sharing Days"

Sue
GG webmaster

Return to “Gordon's Music”