Loren

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

Loren

Postby GORDON » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm sad to inform you all that my piece dedicated to the late and wonderful Loren Jansch will NOT be included in the broadcast of the concert later this month,.The powers that be at the BBC said that because it isn't one of Bert's pieces it therefore isn't relevant to the broadcast.

Love to you all.

G.

Roger

Re: Loren

Postby Roger » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Gordon,

Very disappointed about this, and obviously for you especially. It would have been the easier option for you to perform one of Bert's pieces that you have covered before or even Anji, but knowing you as we do you took a different to route to pay tribute to Loren and provide some comfort to her friends and family.

Crazy decision by the BBC, but then what do they know - after all I thought the concert was for the musicians involved to "perform music played, written and inspired by Bert in tribute to his influence on their own music" (Southbank Centre quote).

Love to you both,

Roger & Em x

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Roger wrote:Gordon,

Very disappointed about this, and obviously for you especially. It would have been the easier option for you to perform one of Bert's pieces that you have covered before or even Anji, but knowing you as we do you took a different to route to pay tribute to Loren and provide some comfort to her friends and family.

Crazy decision by the BBC, but then what do they know - after all I thought the concert was for the musicians involved to "perform music played, written and inspired by Bert in tribute to his influence on their own music" (Southbank Centre quote).

Love to you both,

Roger & Em x

Hi Roger.

THANKYOU so much for this my friend, and that quote from the South-bank Centre just baffles me. This tune was indeed inspired by the life of a remarkable woman,and Bert's influence is pretty much part of my DNA.

I thank you again my friend and our best to you both.

G.

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:08 am

When you tweeted this yesterday I was so annoyed. I’m willing to bet that if Clapton had turned up and played anything it would have been included. This is the BBCs short-sighted approach to a lot of things. Bert would have been overjoyed that Loren was being acknowledged in his tribute. You made the right decision Gordon, the BBC have not.
Be well my friend
Bob
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Bob Wilson wrote:When you tweeted this yesterday I was so annoyed. I’m willing to bet that if Clapton had turned up and played anything it would have been included. This is the BBCs short-sighted approach to a lot of things. Bert would have been overjoyed that Loren was being acknowledged in his tribute. You made the right decision Gordon, the BBC have not.
Be well my friend
Bob

Be Well Both and THANKYOU for taking the time to post at a very difficult time in your life.Your a friend.

Love to you Both.

G & H.

kevin

Postby kevin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Disgusted. Pure ignorance on the part of whoever made this decsion.
All the more frustrating when you think we pay their wages!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:53 pm

kevin wrote:Disgusted. Pure ignorance on the part of whoever made this decsion.
All the more frustrating when you think we pay their wages!

Thanks Kev for your kind thought and profound comment.I can't pretend NOT to be deeply disappointed with all this,but ya know I sort of expected it,don't know why butI did.Maybe it was because I was only allowed to play the one piece, but in all honesty I said all I wanted to say with that one piece so that's fine, and anyway none of it really matters in the grand scheme of things and life is really too short to worry about this rubbish.One day,one day!

kevin

Postby kevin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi Gordon the saddest thing about all of this is we on the forum know from reading your words how much Bert and Loren meant to you.
Clearly no one connected to the makiing of this concert into a tv programne could be bothered to do any research.
Atleast you have the consolation of knowing you performed that night for the right reasons.
Furthernore those that follow your fortunes are a discerning group, others I fear are not.
Please keep on ploughing your furrow and take comfort from the fact that for many of us your art enriches our lives.
Best wishes
Kevin

Roger

Postby Roger » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:53 pm

Well said Kevin - we''ll second that!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:46 pm

kevin wrote:Hi Gordon the saddest thing about all of this is we on the forum know from reading your words how much Bert and Loren meant to you.
Clearly no one connected to the makiing of this concert into a tv programne could be bothered to do any research.
Atleast you have the consolation of knowing you performed that night for the right reasons.
Furthernore those that follow your fortunes are a discerning group, others I fear are not.
Please keep on ploughing your furrow and take comfort from the fact that for many of us your art enriches our lives.
Best wishes
Kevin

Deeply deeply touch this and all the other comments from such caring and thoughtful people.I does indeed make it all worthwhile.

Be well my friend,in fact ALL my friends on this FORUM.

I sat in the corner and had a play at my local hospice this lunchtime,which really does put things into perspective!!

G.

Return to “Gordon's Music”