Gordon's penchant for a top rate rhythm section continues...

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Trevor Raggatt

Gordon's penchant for a top rate rhythm section continues...

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Spotted a news update over at the band Threshold's website http://www.thresh.net/:

For more live action catch Damian Wilson on tour throughout the year, Pete Morten with My Soliloquy on 10 October, Johanne James with Kyrbgrinder this coming weekend, and both Johanne James and Steve Anderson performing with Gordon Giltrap and Oliver Wakeman at Summer's End on 5 October.

Over the years Gordon's surrounded himself with some amazing rhythm sections. Let's list some - bass first, then drums...

John G Perry (Caravan and Quantum Jump) and Simon Phillips (everyone and now Toto)
John G Perry and Clive Bunker (Jethro Tull)
John (Johnny Gus) Gustafson (Roxy Music and IAn Gillan Band) and Ian Mosley (Steve Hackett and Marillion).

Well, Steve and Johanne may not have quite so many big hits under their belts but they make for an impressive rhythm section in anyone's books! I've had the pleaeure of knowing both of them and listening to them playing together with Threshold on many occasions. Great guys and great players! If you're going to Summer's End you're in for a real treat!

Gordon, say "Hi" to the guys from me when you start rehearsals for the big gig!

Return to “Gordon's Music”