Visionary/Perilous Journey/Fear of the Dark

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

andrewm

Visionary/Perilous Journey/Fear of the Dark

Postby andrewm » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:15 am

Hi

I'm new to this board having just recently rediscovered Gordon's music recently (Shining Morn, Peacock Party/Airwaves, Live in Oxford). I was a great fan of Gordon's back in the 70's (showing my age now!).

Anyway, I'm sure this must have been asked by someone at some point, but does anyone (Sue? Gordon?) know of any plans to reissue Visionary, Perilous Journey, and Fear of the Dark at some point? I missed them when they were reissued a few year back and it's nigh on impossible to find them now (at a reasonable price anyway!). These are all fantastic albums!

Andrew

Mike Stranks

Re: Visionary/Perilous Journey/Fear of the Dark

Postby Mike Stranks » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:25 am

Hi Andrew and welcome! :)

Probably your best bet will be to go second-hand. Both vinyl and CD copies of these classic albums come up regularly on Amazon and EBay. On Amazon, sellers are required to give an assessment of condition and for both outlets the feedback score of sellers gives an indication of their reliability.

I bought several albums of Gordon's earlier work from an EBAY seller in the States. All fine!

Good luck in your searches!

Mike
The older I get, the better I used to be

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:56 am

Hi Andrew.

There are plans afoot to Re release those three albums at some point this year through our new label CHERRY RED,so keep an eye out on theses pages for further developments !

Welcome by the way.

G.

andrewm

Postby andrewm » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:16 am

Many thanks for the reply Gordon!

That's great news. I will be eagerly awaiting these (as well as the gig in Holmfirth later this year!).

Cheers

Andrew

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 am

Hello Andrew and welcome,

I was thinking of suggesting this site: http://www.guitarcds.net/store/searchIt ... &curPage=3

But, when I opened links to individual records listed in the title of your posting, I saw (to my big dismay) that it says "no longer available" .... (and I was just about to buy Visionary as a gift to a friend).

Cheers,

Piotr

Return to “Gordon's Music”