Gordons CSL

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

halljj08

Gordons CSL

Postby halljj08 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:45 pm

i have recently purchased what i believe to be one of your previous guitars from 'the guitar shop' in worcester. It is a csl les paul (what i thought) recording copy with a seymour duncan neck pickup.
After doing some extensive digging, after coming to the realisation that lawsuit era guitars were exact copies, and this was nowhere near exact, i found it is actually an early seventies les paul professional copy, a model with the same lo-impedance pickups, and it an exact copy of this model, aside from the bolt on neck.
Furthermore, i would like to ask, was this actually your guitar? :p

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Hello sir.

Yes it was and I had it refretted by Roger Williams and a new Seymour Duncan put in by a chap in Lichfield. In fact I spent a lot of money on this supposedly lowly guitar, which is as you know a very fine sounding and unique instrument. My reason for parting with it was because I have more than enough electric guitars here at home.

I sincerely hope it brings you pleasure. I have even done a bit of recording with it on a track on YOUTUBE which is a cover of the Lady Gaga piece Pokerface. See this months news and follow the YOUTUBE link. It's a bit buried in the mix but it's there.

Be Well sir.

G.

Roger

Postby Roger » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:14 am

"More than enough electric guitars here at home" :D :D :D What great news for us fans of your electric playing Gordon :wink:

Roger :)

Dobbin

Postby Dobbin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:35 pm

After extensive research, I have deduced exactly the right number of guitars that a person should own.......

One more!
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens - Hendrix

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Here here!

G.

DaveDexterMusic

Re: Gordons CSL

Postby DaveDexterMusic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi all, apologies for dragging up a years-old thread!

I'm just wondering, halljj and Gordon - is this the guitar? https://reverb.com/uk/item/3304856-csl-les-paul-professional-71-72-dark-mahogany It seems like an incredible coincidence if it's not.

It looks pretty special, and because buying guitars online is always a risk I wondered if either of you could speak for its playability. Amazing that I can now directly ask GG himself about his own guitars.

It should go without saying, but your music and playing is wonderful. Thank you.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”