Nylon strung guitars

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Peter Lee

Nylon strung guitars

Postby Peter Lee » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Any members playing nylon strung guitars? Not as in classical or flamenco guitar but one of the newer types of crossover guitar that has features of steel acoustic guitars. Variations in nut width, scalelength, fingerboard radii and the likes.
I like the sound of a nylon guitar but I just can't manage the wider and flatter fingerboard of a classical. Suggestions will be gratefully received.

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Nylon strung guitars

Postby GORDON » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi Pete.

Check out the Roger Williams crossover classical on the JHS website,a stunning guitar.I used mine for the launch of the vinyl LAST OF ENGLAND album, and there is a clip on YOUTUBE I believe of the night.

G.

Peter Lee

Postby Peter Lee » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Hello Gordon and thanks for the John Hornby Skewes website suggestion. I'll have a look on YouTube of you playing the Roger Williams crossover guitar.

Thank you,
Pete.

Moodyblue

Postby Moodyblue » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Ah Nylon string guitars. Always loved them.
An old guitar teacher of mine from the 80's owned a Giannini 6 string and it was lovely. I bought one from Ebay last year on a whim, but oh what a disappointment. It's been played for about an hour since it arrived. Kind of sad really.
I think you really have to hunt these fellas down as they aren't widely stocked in most guitar shops.

Very interesting recommendation Gordon by the way.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”