Hi Spot Guitars

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Hi Spot Guitars

Postby Roger » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:55 pm

Saw one of these yesterday in a charity shop for £5. We've got loads of other things going on at the moment so I didn't buy it, but then did a little bit of research when we got home. Apparently they are made by Egmond and one or two have gone on ebay for quite a bit more than this. Also it appears that this make of guitar was used by the Fab Four in their early days. It looked solid and well-made, but I would have thought it was very much a budget instrument.Any ideas anyone?

BRC

Re: Hi Spot Guitars

Postby BRC » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:52 am

One of the members of a group (band?) I played in during the early 1970s had a 12 string Egmond acoustic but that is the limit of my knowledge on Egmond guitars.

I found a link http://www.Egmond.se that might help, or at least start a search point for you.

Kind regards

Brad

Bob Wilson

Re: Hi Spot Guitars

Postby Bob Wilson » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi Roger
The Hi Spot was a very popular guitar in the seventies. They were a good price and great little guitars. I still have a Classical somewhere lurking in the house. Must get it out and see how it is now after all these years :D
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”