Question for Gordon re Vintage Travel Guitar

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Question for Gordon re Vintage Travel Guitar

Postby Roger » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:26 pm

Hi Gordon,

Well two years on and I'm still very happy with my JHS Vintage travel guitar - thanks again for advising me to buy one :D Since I've had the guitar I've tried several string gauges and found it to be very versatile. I now have Martin 10s fitted and the question is how high due you think I can go tuning wise without risking damage to the neck? Obviously I never mind tuning down and the guitar sounds great in E flat with heavier strings, but I'm always a bit nervous about going the other way!

Best to you Sir and of course our love to Hilary,

Roger

AndrewD

Re: Question for Gordon re Vintage Travel Guitar

Postby AndrewD » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi Rog. I don't know if you've explored this further but Paul Brett in his publicity vid for the Viator says that it will take Terz tuning, so up 3 semitones I think. With 10s fitted I feel confident it will easily take that - mine has 11s and stays in EBEBEF# with no ill effects. I've also fitted a Fishman Matrix Infinity under saddle pickup which is great.

Le all is well with you. Shoulder better? It takes time for that to sort out. We must get together at some point again now I'm in the south, Southsea is reachable!

Roger

Re: Question for Gordon re Vintage Travel Guitar

Postby Roger » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi Andrew

Thanks for that my friend :D

My shoulder is a lot better these days and I'm enjoying playing both the Vintage and my "project" tele. At some stage I'll get around to having a p/u put on the Vintage so that I can use a few effects!

If you PM me with an e-mail address we can make some plans to meet up. There are a few things happening at the moment, such as me getting a proper job before I hang my boots up :)

Best to you and Anna

Roger

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”