Vintage Viator

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Oldbones
Location: North Yorkshire (soon hope to be moving to Cheshire)

Re: Vintage Viator

Postby Oldbones » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:31 pm

GORDON wrote:As an instrument it never ceases to astonish me.

Not quite ready to go offline yet. I'm waiting for the date when I can move out, so I thought I'd just chip in a comment about the Viator.

Since sorting out those problems that I described in a previous post (and which I illustrated in my Amazon review) the Viator has become my go-to guitar. That's especially so as I'm living in a house of boxes and there isn't a lot of room for a guitar to be left out and available! It's always to hand resting in an armchair and, as Gordon said, the pickup system works a treat. Anyone with large hands might have trouble reaching the controls, but that's not a major issue. I mostly play it as an acoustic tuned up one half tone from standard. After having lowered the action a tad, it's a dream to play. For such a small guitar it has an amazing sound and projects really well without any tinny tones such as you might expect from so small a body. The flat profile for the fretboard might come as a surprise, but in combination with that lovely 'V' neck profile, it's no less than superb

Paul Brett certainly did it again, it's such a shame that Vintage don't install the same pickup system in the PB 12 string. I hope they're considering making a changeover.

Right - that's my two pennyworth.
I'll be back in a few months when I've moved house and had all the work done. All I want for Christmas is a finished home.

All the best
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.
Silence can be as eloquent as sound.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”