A loss of a much loved pet.

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

A loss of a much loved pet.

Postby GORDON » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:23 pm

So good to see our Sue posting a comment on the FORUM page. What you don't know is that Sue and Mike a few days ago had to have their beloved dog put down. Chloe had been their long time family pet, well loved and now deeply missed.

Can all you pet lovers send her and Mike a little note to say what a sad thing it is to have to go through this.

I thank you all in advance for your kind thoughts to our very hard working webmaster Sue and her other half Mike.

Love from G & H x

Sue
Site Admin

Re: A loss of a much loved pet.

Postby Sue » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 am

Thanks Gordon, you're such a sweetie - I wouldn't have mentioned it, as I'm sure there are people reading this board who are going through far worse experiences right now.

For those who don't know, Chloe was a prize winning Rough Collie (like Lassie) It is really weird without her, she was always at my feet and working from home now means a long day on my own, but she was a good age and we couldn't see her in pain.

cheers
Sue
GG webmaster

scottj1

Postby scottj1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:49 pm

So sorry to read this Sue

As someone who has pets myself i can sympathise entirely.

Hope you both feel a wee bit better soon

Scott

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Sorry to read about your loss Sue and Mike. Chloe was part of the family and although having to make such a decision is always hard I’m sure it was kinder for Chloe not to suffer. Time is a great healer so remember the fun times you had.
Thinking of you both
Big hugs from Bob and Jane
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

Roger

Postby Roger » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Sue and Mike,

However young or old we are, the loss of a much-loved pet and what they give us is always very sad. I'm sure that Chloe was well looked after and had a happy life.

Best to you both,

Roger (& Em)

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:14 am

Thanks for your good wishes everyone.

A GG related memory of Chloe.

Mike, Chloe and I were on holiday in Cardiff, the date and location conveniently chosen to tie in with a GG gig. We met up with Gordon and Hil before the gig and sat in the sun outside the venue having a snack with Chloe dozing at our feet. Then after a walk round the docks we all sat in the venue while Gordon set up and it was agreed that Chloe could stay with us near the sound desk during the gig as she was so well behaved. This was to be her first concert !

What we hadn't bargained on was her reaction to the applause as Gordon came on stage - she joined in and barked as loud as the audience clapped ! She was used to loud music but had never encountered applause before. Anyway, to considerable laughter we quickly took Chloe out and put her in the car for the duration of the show.

Our Chloe, the rock dog !! :lol:

Sue
GG webmaster

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:22 pm

I remember it well Sue.

Fond memories eh!

Love to you Both.

G & H.xx

Return to “General Chat”