Relocation, relocation etc

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

AndrewD

Relocation, relocation etc

Postby AndrewD » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:32 pm

Well, having spent nearly 3 years of me working in Lancashire and living in Dumfries we are looking at moving south.

To Hampshire.

:shock:

Well, I've been working on projects in Portsmouth since December (hence not being around here much, and not playing guitar much either) and as I can have Farnborough as a base we have decided to abandon the drenched south west of Scotland for the parched, drought ridden countryside of Hampshire. I said I'd never move to the south but times (and attitudes) change. It also means that Teresa and I should be able to get to a few more GG concerts than we have of late...the last was the Lakes in Feb 2010 and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

So, we're smartening the place up and getting it ready for market and wincing at the price difference from where we are to where we are going. More sunshine, at least (until we move there whereupon it will become the wettest and cloudiest county in the UK)...

Roger

Re: Relocation, relocation etc

Postby Roger » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 am

Andrew,

Good luck with your move to to the sunny south! More expensive property yes, but warmer, less rain and much more daylight during winter. Several years ago I was in Thurso during December - need I say more!

Roger

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi Andrew/Teresa
Hope the move goes well. You'll definitely get more chances to see Gordon in Hampshire and the surrounding counties but the hot weather might be a shock to the system :D
Hopefully we'll see you at a Gordon concert soon.
Be well
Bob
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Ditto from the Giltrap!

G.

Return to “General Chat”