Just a quick hello.

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

Trevor Raggatt

Re: Just a quick hello.

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:14 pm

Macca wrote:My main concern from reading all the information on the internet is how to look after the guitar?

I'm totally confused about care & humidity, should I slacken off the strings if I do not play the guitar for a few days?

Should I purchase a humidifier/dehumidifier & place it in the case with the guitar. Or leave the guitar on its stand etc, etc?

Any advice would be most gratefully appreciated.

Macca,

Hope you have a great time with the guitar - tho I suspect that's a given. On the humidity thing, a lot of the chatter on the net about it (and there is A LOT on the net about it) is from the States where some states swing from very cold and dry in the winter to hot, sticky and humid in the summer - with the associated severe swings in humidity.

My understanding in the UK is that, with our pretty even and temperate climate, it's really not a problem so long as you don't expose a guitar to extremes. Like Gordon said, no leaning it up against the radiator or leaving it in the garage or garden shed overnight! :wink:

Trev

Macca

Re: Just a quick hello.

Postby Macca » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:10 am

Many thanks for that & it clarifies things for me.

Return to “General Chat”