Twitter and Facebook

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter and Facebook

Postby GORDON » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Just because Im embracing Twitter and Facebook doesn't mean I'm deserting these hallowed pages,so PLEASE feel free to post something....anything.

That's why Susan and I work very hard each month with our NEWS page to keep you up date with all that has been happening in my world.

I so enjoy hearing from you.

Be well my friends.

G.

piotrwargan

Re: Twitter and Facebook

Postby piotrwargan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:48 am

Hello Gordon,
It may be that November with its gray skies and dark and cold days (at least this is November in here), is not the most cheerful time ;-) and it is not easy to sit down and write something on the forum.

Music is the best thing to chase the bad mood away. On Sunday Ania and I went to a modern dance performance arranged to the music called "Tempus Fantasy" (name of a record by a prominent Polish pianist and an electronic, experimental music creator). They both played live and I must say that it was a very original music (videos can be seen on the internet http://www.pianoelectronica.eu/ ).
To cheer (and wake) myself up during this melancholic month, I am going to a heavy metal band gig in a few days (a Polish group named Acid Drinkers).
Tommy Emmanuel is coming to town again, but this time Ania is working and I am not planning to go alone (still remember how I surprised him during the meet&greet event last time with my GG T-shirt and greetings from you and Hilary).
But I am still waiting for the guitarist whose name is on my T-shirt to come to Wrocław one day ;-).

Cheers,
Piotr
PS Thank you very for your birthday wishes.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:53 pm

piotrwargan wrote:Hello Gordon,
It may be that November with its gray skies and dark and cold days (at least this is November in here), is not the most cheerful time ;-) and it is not easy to sit down and write something on the forum.

Music is the best thing to chase the bad mood away. On Sunday Ania and I went to a modern dance performance arranged to the music called "Tempus Fantasy" (name of a record by a prominent Polish pianist and an electronic, experimental music creator). They both played live and I must say that it was a very original music (videos can be seen on the internet http://www.pianoelectronica.eu/ ).
To cheer (and wake) myself up during this melancholic month, I am going to a heavy metal band gig in a few days (a Polish group named Acid Drinkers).
Tommy Emmanuel is coming to town again, but this time Ania is working and I am not planning to go alone (still remember how I surprised him during the meet&greet event last time with my GG T-shirt and greetings from you and Hilary).
But I am still waiting for the guitarist whose name is on my T-shirt to come to Wrocław one day ;-).

Cheers,
Piotr
PS Thank you very for your birthday wishes.

Hello buddy.

Thanks ever so much for responding to my request for folk to say hi and just remind me that you are all still out there.Hope the music cheers you up my friend.I know how you must feel about going to concerts without your beloved, but if you do decide to see the great Tommy, give him my best please.Hope that Ania's dream is still bringing pleasure sir.Love to both.G&Hji

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Yesterday, I got a ticket for Tommy Emmanuel's concert from Ania as a present for Santa Claus Day, so I will go!!!
Ania's Dream is being played at least once a day.
Cheers,
P.

PS. A short explanation about this happy day - Santa Claus Day. In December, in Poland children (and adults too) may get presents two times: on 6 December and for Christmas. 6 December (Mikolaj or Nicholas nameday is in the calendar) is the day when children (nowadays also the more grown up children ;-) get presents (when I was at school it used to be small gifts or just sweets and a little, colorful (silver or gold) painted twig – just in case if the child did not behave ;-).

Return to “General Chat”