I met GG in Stratford Upon Avon

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

Simon the Angel

I met GG in Stratford Upon Avon

Postby Simon the Angel » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:30 pm

Albeit way back in early July !

My wife and I were taking part in the Stratford River Festival with our narrowboat Vida Nueva and a great time was had by all involved.

I was sent out to get some essentials such as bread and milk beer, the usual stuff. I saw Gordon and Hilary on walkabout in the town, which was a really pleasant surprise, to have a 10 minute chat to the legend that is GG.

I'm sorry that I couldn't invite you onto the boat Gordon, as I had been sent on an errand that I hadn't completed...we ran out of milk and the kettle was on !

We did see an amazing Django Reinhardt type band, called the Swing Museum...check them out on Youtube ! It sounded SO authentic of the Quintet Hot Club of France. It was really funny watching everyone nodding their heads in time with the music, but you just resist can you !!!

Gordon, I've been SO busy singing with Banbury Choral Society and Consensio the a cappella choir of 12 I'm in, hear there and somewhere else, one day, when we don't have a gig ourselves, I must get to one of your concerts. Any coming up at the Mill Theatre in Banbury or even in St Mary's Church ?

Hopefully see you soon.

Take care.
Simon the Angel
aka the one from Mollington

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: I met GG in Stratford Upon Avon

Postby GORDON » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi Simon.

Good to read your memories of that Stratford day.

Just keep an eye on the concerts page sir, you never know we may be in your area at some point buddy.

Be well.

G.

Return to “General Chat”