Sorry not been around much!

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

Russ Gannicott

Sorry not been around much!

Postby Russ Gannicott » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Hello all - sorry not been present here lately, but life has been rather frantic; some good some bad. Ash's band The Blues Machine had another very successful tour of europe which took up a lot of our time, and his folk/rock band Fish out of Water have been busy doing festivals to great aclaim.

On a low note, Carole's mum has not been at all well and has been in and out of hospital for the past two or three months meaning that we have not been able to spend the summer months functioning like a normal family. At least she is currently at home and seems to be holding her own.

Most recently, all hands have been on deck getting Ash ready for his departure next week to Uni! He got the grades he needed at A level to get him into the University of East London where he will be reading English literature - a proper degree subject thank god!! This new phase of Ash's life will leave a rather big hole in mine - perhaps I should start playing some music for myself again (if I can remember how)!

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Sorry not been around much!

Postby GORDON » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Welcome back Russ, and sorry to hear of the ups and downs guv.

Best to the family.

G.

Roger

Re: Sorry not been around much!

Postby Roger » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:20 pm

Welcome back Russ - you have been missed :wink:

Best to you and the family,

Roger

PS Nice to hear of a young person reading for a "proper" degree these days :D

Return to “General Chat”