N Ireland Date

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

DavidMillar

N Ireland Date

Postby DavidMillar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Good to see another visit back to N. Ireland on the concert schedule - looking forward to the performance. (I think the last visit was for the Lifetime Achievement Award ?).
David Millar

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: N Ireland Date

Postby GORDON » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi David.

How are you guv?

Yep, it has been a while and I'm looking forward to it.

Hope to catch up with you on the night!

Be Well sir.

G.

DavidMillar

Postby DavidMillar » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Keeping very well Gordon, thanks.

Looking forward to meeting up again too. The weather forecast is wet but mild for most of the coming week over here - it is good to know these things in advance when travelling! - just bring instrument, plectrum, partial capo and an umbrella...

See you Thursday.

Best,
David
David Millar

DavidMillar

Postby DavidMillar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:44 am

For regular readers to the forum I thought it would be worthwhile adding a short review of the recent Belfast gig just for the record:

This event was held in quite a compact venue but was filled with an enthusiastic and responsive audience. Gordon had an issue with his pedal board power supply prior to the gig, but dealing with problems like this is part and parcel of live performance; and an experienced musician’s stagecraft skills will easily adapt to the situation with appropriate adjustments of the set list and careful coordination with the front of house sound man applying effects as and when required. The missing pedal board did not detract in any way from the performance and indeed the direct guitar sound was an excellent testament to the GG signature acoustic which delivered a very pleasing amplified tone through the house PA.

The solo guitar set sat comfortably between the other two strong vocal performances of the evening from Dana Cooper and Woody Mann, and the duo pieces with Gordon and Woody were relaxed and well received blending two very different playing styles.

Gordon acknowledged his last visit to Northern Ireland during the performance when he received a Lifetime Achievement Award – the warm reception on this occasion bore testament to this accolade and an enjoyable evening with several eagerly demanded encores has hopefully kept the door open for a future return visit to these shores.
David Millar

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:48 am

Hi David.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice account of the evening. I'm glad the guitar sounded OK out the front.

Working with Woody is such a joy on so many levels.

Good to see you as always. Readers of this reply won't know what a fine musician and outstanding teacher you are. I'm glad to know you as a friend whenever I visit your shores.

Thanks again and....

Be Well.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”