Cassington

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

vigman

Cassington

Postby vigman » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:15 pm

My son has just come home and told me about a concert in our next village, Cassington in Oxfordshire on Oct 4th. Fantastic!

In the late 60s, early 70s I ran The IOW Folk Club at The Sloop Inn and played in the resident band "Witchazel".

We booked Gordon to play (he was a child prodigy :lol: ) and I asked him to sign my guitar..........I'm wondering whether to do the same?

I'll book my tickets and then tell the rest of my workmates about a night not to miss.

Vigman (Jon)

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:15 am

Hi Jon.

I remember that night VERY well and the guitar signing.

Do you still have the guitar?

If my memory serves me well it was an Eko?

Looking forward to ANOTHER signing sir!

Best Regards.

Gordon.

vigman

Postby vigman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:00 pm

Thanks Gordon. You are quite right, it was an Eko, which was unfortunately stolen not long afterwards when I was playing in Tewkesbury :twisted:

However, I still have the Yamaha FG100 which I bought to replace it in 1972.

My 'best' guitar is a Canadian Norman B20

http://www.normanguitars.com/modelb20.htm

but I still can't get the strings right for picking as it seems hard strung for strumming by the maker????

Anyway, now I have my tickets for Cassington, I have told other university colleagues. Can't wait for a great night!!

Regards

Vigman (Jon)
Gordon signed my guitar at the Sloop Inn, IOW, 1969/70 whilst I was in the resident band "Witchazel"!.....and now at Cassington Village Hall October 2008.

vigman

Postby vigman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:05 am

Strange coincidence involving Gordon: I was on the Isle of Wight this weekend (my real home) and went to view an auction in a hall that Gordon is playing in Ryde this November. Up for auction was an Eko guitar exacly like the one Gordon signed for me and was stolen as discussed in this thread!!!!

As for Cassington, and its surrounding villages, Gordon please remember:

"Sutton for mutton
Stanton for beef
Eynsham for liars
Cassington for thieves"

Yes it is. No, please don't................... :lol:

Vigman (Jon)
Gordon signed my guitar at the Sloop Inn, IOW, 1969/70 whilst I was in the resident band "Witchazel"!.....and now at Cassington Village Hall October 2008.

vigman

Postby vigman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Forgot to ask....Gordon, will you be bringing all the necessary gizmos to Cassington for a Dodo's Dream type demonstration?

Vigman (Jon)

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:14 am

Certainly will sir. All the while my back holds out and I can lug my ten ton flight case into venues I shall indeed be performing the Dodo!

Best Regards.

Gordon.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”