Someone going to Portsmouth concert from Bournemouth/Poole?

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

David Peretz

Someone going to Portsmouth concert from Bournemouth/Poole?

Postby David Peretz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Hello All

I'm new here, and very glad to be here.
I discovered the music of Gordon only recently. (Strangely through his signature guitar - who is this Gordon that he gets a his Signature guitar? so i asked YouTube... bamm went a few hours) and was highly impress.
A few months ago i planed a Vacation in England. this time no shows were planned, just a little green meadows, a nice weather at my aunt's house at Bournemouth, little summer fun for the family. but wondered if there was a Gordon show when i'm in England. got lucky! and discovered there is a show in Portsmouth next week (20.08) and it's even close (Relatively speaking) to Bournemouth. the show starts at 20:00 (so it says ) and i have no idea if the show starts at the announced time or how long is the show.
I checked the trains and it seem the last train from Portsmouth to Bournemouth is at 21:30. if that's true I'm not so sure i can make it back. Is anyone from Bournemouth/Pool area going to the show? i'll gladly travel with them and pay for the ride.
or Does anyone know if there is a late Night buss/Train/Boat from Portsmouth to Bournemouth?
any help will be much, much, appreciated.

Thanks and hope to see some of you at Gordon Show next week.

BTW haven't introduced myself. I'm David I live in Israel and i'm a Musician.
:)

Roger

Re: Someone going to Portsmouth concert from Bournemouth/Poo

Postby Roger » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi David!

Welcome to the forum and also to the problems of public transport in Britain!

Although we live in Portsmouth, last time the great man played down here my partner was working at Southampton University and she had exactly the same problem with her last train being at 9:30pm. Unless things have changed since last time Gordon started at 8pm and played for 45 minutes. There was then a 15 minute interval and during this time Gordon is often available to talk to, sign CDs etc. The second half of his excellent set was also about 45 mins long. As Portsmouth and Southsea train station is literally minutes from the Guildhall Emily my partner left at 9:20pm to catch her train, meaning she saw all of the first half and about half of the second half of Gordon's gig.

I guess the other thing to bear in mind is that there are plenty of "budget" hotels in Portsmouth which shouldn't be too expensive midweek and that might be another option for you.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Roger

PS I probably won't get to the show until the second half, but will look out for you!

David Peretz

Postby David Peretz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:14 am

Hello Roger

Thanks for the reaplay and help

it seems the only way to travel in england is by hiring a car :)
How big is the Portsmouth Hall lounge? i tried to order a place near the stage but it seems you cant reserve a place.

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:17 am

Hello David,

Welcome to the forum!

I hope that you find a way to get to Gordon's concert!

All the best,

Piotr

Roger

Postby Roger » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:47 am

David Peretz wrote:Hello Roger

Thanks for the reaplay and help

it seems the only way to travel in england is by hiring a car :)
How big is the Portsmouth Hall lounge? i tried to order a place near the stage but it seems you cant reserve a place.

David,

The lounge is a relatively small venue. There are circular tables, which I think are mainly for diners, and a bar at the back. I ended up standing towards the back of the venue, but had a good view. The sound was very good too :D All in all it was an excellent night with a great atmosphere :D

All the best,

Roger

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”