Hinckley ACT - 31 / 7 / 2015

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

keithmeredith

Hinckley ACT - 31 / 7 / 2015

Postby keithmeredith » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:32 pm

As I drove alone towards Corby on a dark, clear night- a full moon seeming to match my progress – I reflected that perhaps this lunar influence was contributing to my elated state. The conclusion was that it was more likely that I was closer to home and my Beloved as each minute passed; and that attending a concert by one Mr. G. Giltrap had elevated my spirits.

I had heard of the Hinckley ACT but had never visited. This must be a unique venue. Situated on a business park just off the A5, the site is by day an engineering business – Advanced Carbide Tooling. In the evening an adapted section of the building provides a full stage, complete with lighting and a quality sound system, and seating for an audience of about a hundred music aficionados. Very efficiently managed, the relaxed and friendly atmosphere was – for me – enhanced with some excellent aerial photographs of historic aeroplanes

It was great to see the merchandise table in the capable hands of Malc and Kaz, who had undertaken the trek from Stoke on Trent despite being involved with the stresses of moving into a new home. Furthermore I was delighted to make the acquaintance of Gordon’s son, Jamie, and his ‘significant other’, Karen – with whom I sat – together with Hilary - throughout the performance.

The audience was enthusiastic and appreciative from the start, and warmed to both Gordon’s virtuosity and laid back, self-deprecating style immediately – and this response encouraged our Troubadour to produce an outstanding performance.

The set list included: Shining Morn, Loren, Here Comes the Sun (which, thinking about it, should have been dedicated to Jamie) :D , a stunning Dodo’s Dream and a note perfect Fiona’s Smile. I also enjoyed the less often heard Rachel’s Reflections and the commissioned ‘work in progress’ dedicated to someone’s cat. We were despatched home in the customary boisterous manner with Heartsong and the energetic Lucifer’s Cage.

During the interval, I was ear wigging a conversation between Jamie, Karen and a very amiable local gentleman. This fellow was full of praise for the quality of Gordon’s musicianship and his gift for composition – but I had to repress a wry smile when he asked, “Have you seen him before?’ Alas he didn’t realise the relationship until the concert was nearly over.

Once again the skill, digital dexterity, and prodigious talent of Gordon Giltrap has gained him further enthusiastic devotees.

Notwithstanding the deceptions or angst that life may have in store for you – music itself - particularly Gordon’s music - is not going to let you down.

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Hinckley ACT - 31 / 7 / 2015

Postby GORDON » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Keith.

A heartfelt THANKYOU.

And yes, Fiona's Smile was a highlight for me, but it generally is as I regard it as one of my best pieces,but that is just my opinion so what do I know!

Be well both.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”