Hoghton 25/10/2014

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

fran

Hoghton 25/10/2014

Postby fran » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:34 am

I have to say straight away that I am a big fan of Gordon's music, and I have seen him live many times over the last 30, years going back to the "Fear of the dark tour" in the late seventies. However, last Saturdays’ gig was, for me, one of if not the best I can remember.

It was a sell out and the atmosphere was electric (perhaps the should be acoustic, but I am sure you know what I mean) The audience was made up of diehard fans, people who kind of remember him from the holiday programme, and the out and out curious, but they rose as one at the end of a tremendous set to give him a truly deserved, and very genuine standing ovation.

Highlights for me personally were "prelude to pastoral" "The lord’s seat" and the classic, "heartsong"

During the interval, following the multi layered "Dodos Dream" a member of the audience commented " it's hard to believe there is only one person on stage, to which I replied. "THERE IS ONLY ONE GORDON GILTRAP!!"

The evening came to a frantic conclusion with a superb rendition of Lucifer’s cage; the audience was left breathless by Gordon’s intensity and technical brilliance. Unbelievable energy levels.

I may be biased but this was a night to remember

Thanks

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”