GREYSTONES SHEFFIELD

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

GREYSTONES SHEFFIELD

Postby GORDON » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:32 am

I'm saddened to report that my concert on Wednesday at Grey stones in Sheffield with Clive Carroll and a very special guest has been cancelled by the venue due to poor ticket sales.Having to cancell shows always leaves a bitter taste but to travel all that way to play to an empty room would have been humiliating for the artists and embarrasing for the audience,and in the light of these low ticket sales it wasn't worth taking the chance in the hope that sales MAY have improved on the night.

I find the whole scenario after all these years in the business quite depressing actually.

Once again deeply sorry about this on many levels.

It's doubtful I shall play the venue again.

Be Well folks.

G.

Roger USA

Re: GREYSTONES SHEFFIELD

Postby Roger USA » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi Gordon,

So sorry to hear that this concert was cancelled, I can only imagine how frustrating and disappointing it must be for you. Those people in the area obviously don't know what they are missing with the opportunity to see both you and Clive Carroll in concert together!

I made a long cross-country drive over to Sheffield to see you perform at a packed Greystones on a very hot evening in late May 2012. It was an unusual venue tucked away in the residential depths of Sheffield (I thought I was lost when I finally spotted Greystones), but your superb performance and a very appreciative audience made it a great evening.

If I was in the country I would have certainly made the trip! As I have said what a wonderful opportunity they are missing.......

All the Best,

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: GREYSTONES SHEFFIELD

Postby GORDON » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Roger USA wrote:Hi Gordon,

So sorry to hear that this concert was cancelled, I can only imagine how frustrating and disappointing it must be for you. Those people in the area obviously don't know what they are missing with the opportunity to see both you and Clive Carroll in concert together!

I made a long cross-country drive over to Sheffield to see you perform at a packed Greystones on a very hot evening in late May 2012. It was an unusual venue tucked away in the residential depths of Sheffield (I thought I was lost when I finally spotted Greystones), but your superb performance and a very appreciative audience made it a great evening.

If I was in the country I would have certainly made the trip! As I have said what a wonderful opportunity they are missing.......

All the Best,

Roger

Thanks buddy,you are kind my friend.

Be well.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”