Sutton Coldfield - 5 / 9 / 2014

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

keithmeredith

Sutton Coldfield - 5 / 9 / 2014

Postby keithmeredith » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:13 pm

What an absolutely stunning venue!!!

The ARTifex gallery specializes in contemporary British art and crafts – housing designer/craftsman made furniture, glass, ceramics, metal and woodwork, sculpture, original paintings and much more. Even a cultural heathen such as I can appreciate that the pieces displayed and for sale here are exquisitely designed and constructed, and beautifully presented.

About a hundred guests gathered in the first floor gallery of original paintings, which had been transformed into a compact theatre for the evening and - appropriately surrounded by magnificent art works – were entertained by artist in melody Gordon Giltrap.

As is expected and anticipated by those ‘in the know’, the creative aptitude and flair of Gordon’s music – interspersed with reminiscences, memories and musings drawn from his extensive history in the industry – brought forth the appreciation and laughter that is the forte of a Giltrap concert.

The melodious blend included (in no particular order): Shining Morn, Maddy goes West, Mrs.Singer’s Waltz, Angie, Dublin Day, Here Comes the Sun, Dodo’s Dream (of course), Heartsong (ditto), and Lucifer’s Cage. All performed to perfection in the Giltrap manner.

On my journey home from this wonderful evening’s entertainment, I mused that I have been fortunate to be present at many of the Troubadour’s gigs. I have yet to attend a concert where the music did not fortify and uplift my soul.

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Sutton Coldfield - 5 / 9 / 2014

Postby GORDON » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:05 pm

Good to see you Keith.

May your soul continue to be uplifted by this troubadours music.

Thank-you for those oh so very kind words my friends.

Our best to you and the smiling one.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”