Darley Dale - Giltrap/Wakeman - 25/5/2013

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

keithmeredith

Darley Dale - Giltrap/Wakeman - 25/5/2013

Postby keithmeredith » Tue May 28, 2013 6:35 pm

Has anyone seen my socks?

Fiona and I had decided to spend a weekend away incorporating concerts in Gedling, Nottingham and Darley Dale, near Matlock. After a pleasant drive from our digs in glorious warm sunshine, we arrived to find a magnificent Victorian Gothic styled gem of a venue.

The promoters must have done an excellent job as the ballroom of the Joseph Whitworth Centre was packed to the rafters: almost literally as the balcony was as well occupied as the main hall. Two hundred and twenty expectant music lovers were gathered.

This was to be the final Ravens & Lullabies collaboration between Gordon and Oliver until October – and it was a stormer of a gig: which is why I found myself deficient in the hosiery department. Socks totally blown off by the excellence of the performance.

Despite some technical issues with Mr.Wakeman’s microphone, the chemistry between these masters of their respective instruments was spellbinding.

The music was as flawlessly presented as ever, and it was difficult to tell whether the playful badinage between Gordon and Oliver was rehearsed or were genuine ad-libs (“Who’s Norman Collier?”) They were clearly enjoying themselves – and so were the audience.

All this perfection - and the most excellent walnut cake in the interval too – who could ask for a better evening’s entertainment.

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Darley Dale - Giltrap/Wakeman - 25/5/2013

Postby GORDON » Wed May 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Thanks Keith.

You can put your socks on now sir.

Hilary and I thank you for her get well card.

Best to you Both.

G & H

Mike Stranks

Re: Darley Dale - Giltrap/Wakeman - 25/5/2013

Postby Mike Stranks » Thu May 30, 2013 11:47 pm

Norman Collier??? Priceless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjmqfZX9CA (The first minute is all you need...)
The older I get, the better I used to be

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”