Manchester last night.

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

kevin

Manchester last night.

Postby kevin » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:41 am

Superb concert at The Band on the Wall last night
Gordon and Oliver work so well together their musical styles compliment each other as do their relaxed personalities.
The choice of pieces they played covered so many genres and the fact that each musician contributed to the others signature work demonstrated how well they work as a duo.
Both musicians helped to create a very warm and friendly atmosphere with amusing stories and banter, not even a mobile phone going off could spoil the atmosphere, (I cant believe people still allow this to happen the culprit even had the nerve to hold a brief conversation, I honestly believe he didnt realise he was doing anything wrong, He was!)
On a positive note Gordon pointed out that Bill Leader was in the audience (interesting for a music history buff like me) Wikipedia will give you the relevance and its a significant one.
From Bach to Yes with personal pieces in between certainly works for these two musicians (the standard is high)
This musical partnership undoubtably has what is now commonly known as "having legs" Long may they run!
Thank you Gordon and Oliver
Kevin

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”